We utter FANTASTIC only at times and it comes even without we realising it. What makes us say this magical word?
We say this when we come across something which is extra ordinary or something which is beyond our imagination. I had uttered this on many occasion. I will share the list of anecdotes here. I am sure you also would have said Fantastic on those events.
- Sachin’s 200 – the first person to ever breach 200 mark in ODI.
- Rohit Sharma’s 264 – the highest ever score in an ODI.
- When Ashwin Ravi took World No.1 in All Rounder.
- Saina Nehwal scaling World No.1 in Badminton.
- When Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi secured No.1 in Doubles Tennis Ranking.
- When Anil Kumble took 10 wickets in an Innings.
- When Sania Mirza took World No.1 spot in Tennis Doubles.
- When Fortune 500 Companies were headed by Indian Born CEO’s like Satya Nadella, Sundar Pichai etc
- When A R Rahman won 2 Oscars for his Music Composition.
- When films like Bahubali made international mark.
- As and when India launched the satellites successfully.
There are so many events that has been happening day in and day out in our country and we say this only when some thing unusual or something amazing like the ones mentioned above happens.
When you see something out of the blue, you say Fantastic. I said this when TATA Motors launched NANO few years back. It became a Dream Car to many including me. What I dreamt during its launch, I made it happen in 2011 during my First Year Wedding Anniversary as I gifted a NANO to my better half. It was such an amazing vehicle that had redefined the pricing in its segment and made commuting a real easy task in the city.
When I saw my friend’s blog breaching 3 million hits, I said Fantastic. I did say some to me as well. This included the milestone of 20,000 followers on Twitter, Award from US Consulate for my blog, Playing with Virat Kohli and Stan Wawrinka to name a few. Though these had happened just like that, it left my friend’s awestruck. They said I am really lucky. Yes, at times we also need to have luck favouring us but we should not entirely depend on it because only when we put in our efforts, the luck coupled with it can bring the desired results.
Being Fanstastic takes its own time and getting there is really difficult as you need to be focussed on it. Only then you can go near and at times, achieve/reach it. Our country is full of talented people and it is those who strive hard and put in their full efforts are being lauded as FANTASTIC People 🙂