What is the most important feature when ever we buy any vehicle – be it a 2 Wheeler, 4 Wheeler or any other bigger vehicle? It is certainly the Mileage.
When it comes to using the vehicle for Commercial Purposes, it would surely narrow down to this. There are few reasons to this:
- The number of kilometres the vehicle ply on a daily basis would be far high when compared to vehicle being used for personal purposes.
- The charges what the owner of the vehicle levy will have a direct impact on the price of the commodity being transported.
- Better the mileage, better for the Environment too as we would be using lesser fuel to travel more distance and this will reduce the emission of carbon to a greater extent making this place a much more better and safe place to live.
We see a lot in the newspaper these days that “Lorry/Truck owners on strike demanding for better pay” and we also would have noticed that when ever they go on a strike, it will have a direct impact on the price of almost all the products especially the essential commodities like fruits and vegetables since no State in India is self sufficient in all the products and we all are inter-dependent.
This is one of the main reason for political crisis in the country and we have also witnessed a change in the State/Centre when ever prices of Onion had gone beyond the limit. Though there are lot of other reasons to it like hoarding, climate change leading to decreased production, we can still say a major proportion is towards the rise in the price of Petrol and Diesel. When these prices rises, we also have witnessed the rise in the price of travel tickets – almost in all aspects be it on Bus, Auto, Train etc.,
How this can be avoided?
There are few ways in which this can be avoided. Some of them are in our control and some of them are not. Those which are beyond our control were:
- Stopping the rise in the price of fuel like Petrol,Diesel etc.,
- Stopping the climate change (completely as we can only do it to a certain extent).
Those which are in our control were:
- Producing or Manufacturing the vehicle which has greater mileage.
- Preventing pollution to a considerable extent by increasing the mileage.
This is why we see a lot of companies spend a lot in Research and Development(R&D) in order to increase the efficiency of the engine there by increasing the mileage. We have seen the advent of CRDI (Common Rail Direct Injection) which is the most popular one and also have seen other models which has been named by the companies which develops it.
The more the mileage, the more is the efficiency, lesser emission, improved environment and increase in the profits and the one who brings out the best emerges as the clear and undisputed winner!!!