What comes to your mind when someone asks you about your itinerary for travel?
Most of us would give some of the common pointers like:
Google Map(on Smart Phone these days)
Travel Currency or Travellers Cheque.
We all would need the above irrespective of the place we travel. Did you ever gave a second thought about altering any of these? Of course not. While some cannot be replaced, few can certainly be as they give more value addition.
For instance take the case of travel currency. It is almost equivalent to hot cash. If you lose it, the chances of stopping them before it is being misused or used is minimal. It is also prone to physical damage as they are made of paper. On top of that for a travel currency, you need to pay commission and it does not give you back anything in return during its usage.
What could probably b the best alternative? It is certainly the Plastic Card. When I say Plastic Card, it can either be a Debit or a Credit Card. Here I would give more priority/preference to a Credit Card. I would like to narrow it down to Citi Premier Miles Credit Card.
The reasons are listed below:
- You get to earn 10 miles for every Rs.100 spent on airline transactions. Imagine f you are a frequent traveller and have the membership of frequent flyer with Jet Airways or some other airlines. You get a dual benefit wherein you would not only get some rewards with the airlines you have the membership with but also with your Citi Premier Miles Credit Card. Isn’t it a win-win situation?
- You would also get to earn 10 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on exclusive website http://www.premiermiles.co.in and with the Citi select partners.
- These points can be accumulated over a period of time and you can redeem these Miles over 100 domestic and international airlines. Say your job requires you to travel atleast 40-50 domestic airline travel in a year. With this, I can safely say that you would get to accumulate enough mile that would make you eligible to go on International Travel.The Miles that you accumulate on your card never expires. Sound’s really cool isn’t it?
- Not only this. You could also transfer your miles to any one of the hotel and airline partners. For the complete list, you can click here
- The most important aspect of a Credit Card is the Credit Period. You can get upto 56 days for you to repay the bill.
If you think this is it, you are mistaken. The benefits are much more. Take a look:
- As against losing travelers cheque or currency, where you would end up owning the liability, in the Citi Premier Miles Card, you get Lost Card Liability of Rs.2,00,000 and Air Accident Insurance Cover of upto Rs.1,00,00,000 which is huge.
- You could also get to enjoy complimentary access to participating Airport Lounges in India. Enjoy gourmet meals, unlimited beverages, Wi-Fi, and more.
- You also have other privileges in the field of dining,shopping,travel and you could also avail EMI option at more than 2,000 consumer electronics and mobile phone outlets, leading retail chains and e-retailers. Apart from that you get to enjoy Citi World Privileges too which has around 26,000 Offers.
- You can track your reward points easily by just sending an SMS. SMS REWARDS ‘XXXX’ to 52484 or +91-9880752484. ‘XXXX’ would be the last four digits of your card.